KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY:
Nigeria’s President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu delivered his acceptance speech on Wednesday morning after he was declare winner of last Saturday’s presidential election.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had earlier today declared Tinubu winner of the 2023 presidential election held last Saturday.
See key takeaways from the speech below:
1.He said he is profoundly humbled to be the 16th president of Nigeria
- He thanked supporters of other parties for participation in the nation’s democracy
- Commended INEC for conducting a credible election
- He said few challenges encountered immaterial to affect outcome of the election
- He accepted to serve Nigerians
- He said his election a serious mandate
- Extended hand of fellowship to his fellow contestants
- He said he will be a servant and not leader
- He wanted contestants to join him to rebuild Nigeria
- Promised to make Nigeria a destination to return to by those in diaspora.
- Promised to pay undivided attention to youths education
- Vowed to end strike in Nigeria’s universities