The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released results for the 2023 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
The examination body released the result on Monday.
Speaking at a briefing on Monday, WAEC’s Head of National Office, Patrick Areghan, said: “Out of a total of 1,613,733 candidates that sat for the examination, the results of 262,803 candidates are being withheld “due to reports of cases of examination malpractice.”
If you are one of the candidates that participated in the examination, checking the result is very simple.
Remember the smart identity card used during the exams? Well, the result checker pin and serial number contained on it are all that is needed.
How to Check WAEC results with SMS
- Using your mobile device, Type WAECExamNoPIN*ExamYear
- Send to 32327
- You will receive a message instantly containing your WAEC statement of result.
Please note, only MTN, Glo & Airtel Subscribers can actually check their WAEC Result using this SMS method.
Note: If you did not receive your WAEC result via SMS, kindly repeat this step again.
SMS Charges will be applied when checking your WASSCE result using text message.
You will need to have purchased the WAECDirect Scratch card in order to check your result via text message. The scratch card pin is what is needed in the PIN section of the SMS you will send to 32327.
How to Check via the Website
To check your WAEC Result, visit www.waecdirect.org and login. Please note: you may need a WAEC scratch card to check. Follow the procedures below to check your WAEC result 2023.
1. Login WAEC Result Checker Website www.waecdirect.org.
2. Enter your Examination Number
3. Select Examination Type e.g May/June
4. Select Exams Year e.g 2023
5. Click on Check Result.
How to Check Via Serial Number
- Firstly, ensure your mobile phone is internet enabled.
- Then you visit www.waecdirect.org
- Enter your 10-digit Examination number,
- Enter Serial Number
- Enter Examination year and
- Click on Check my WAEC Result.