The President of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has unveiled a fiscal policy and tax reforms committee comprising experts from both the private and public sectors, All Nigeria Latest News reports.
The committee was chaired by Taiwo Oyedele, a tax and policy expert.
The committee aims to propose tax reforms that can be implemented within a 30-day timeframe.
All Nigeria Latest News reports that Oyedele, said the membership of the committee was carefully constituted to ensure diversity of in-depth knowledge, robust expertise, and broad representation by key stakeholder groups across the geopolitical zones.
Also included in the committee is Orire Agbaje, a 400-level Economics student of the University of Ibadan (UI).
Here is the full list of the committee members.
- Taiwo Oyedele, Chairman
- Representatives of Tax Practice, Law and Accounting Firms
- Members of the Tax Advisory Committee
- National Tax Policy Implementation Committee
- Renowned Fiscal Policy and Tax Experts
- Representative of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
- Representative of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Representative of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Representative of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)
- Organised Private Sector of Nigeria (OPSN)
- Nigerian Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME)
- Women in Business (WIMBIZ)
- Representative of the Federal Ministry of Justice
- Representative of the Federal Ministry of Finance
- Representative of Federal Ministry of Trade, Industry & Investment
- Representative of Ministry of Telecommunications & Digital Economy
- Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC)
- Tariff Technical Committee
- Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA)
- Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)
- Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC)
- The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- The Joint Tax Board (JTB)
- Nigeria Customs Service
- Representative of Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON)
- National Institute for Legislative and Democratic Studies (NILDS)
- National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS)
- Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Committee (RMAFC)
- The Budget Office of the Federation
- Accountant General of the Federation
- National Bureau of Statistics
- DG, Nigeria Governors’ Forum
- Debt Management Office
- Chairman, Finance Commissioners’ Forum
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- Students Tax Clubs
- Partners & Observers – World Bank, IMF, United Nations, BudgIT, Tax Justice & Governance Platform