All Nigeria Latest News reports that the Federal Judicial Service Commission (FJSC) has nominated 22 Justices of the Court of Appeal for elevation to the Supreme Court.
The nomination is subject to the approval of the National Judicial Council (NJC) and Senate confirmation.
The FJSC document disclosed the names of nominees from diverse regions on Thursday. The North-Central region has six nominees, the South-West and South-South regions have two each, the South-East region has six, and the North-East has two nominees.
All Nigeria’s Latest News reports that the nominations follow the retirement of Justices Amina Augie and Mohammed Datijo, leaving the Supreme Court with only 10 serving justices.
Below is the list of the nominated justices:
- Hon Justice Haruna Simon Tsammani (Bauchi State)-Priority
1A. Hon Justice Abubakar Talba (Adamawa State)
- Hon Justice Moore Adumein (Bayelsa State)-Priority
1A. Hon Justice Biobele Georgewill (Rivers State)-Reserve
- Hon Justice Muhammad Lawal Shuaibu (Jigawa State)-Priority
1A. Hon Justice Bello Aliyu (Zamfara State) -Reserve
- Hon Justice Abubakar Sadiq Umar (Kebbi State)-Priority
2A. Hon Justice Abdullahi Mahmud Bayero (Kano State)-Reserve
- Hon Justice Adewale Abiru (Lagos State)-Priority
1A. Hon Justice Olubunmi Oyewole (Osun State)-Reserve
- Hon Jummai Sankey (Plateau State)-Priority
1A. Hon Justice Muhammad Ibrahim Sirajo (Plateau)-Reserve
- Hon Justice Stephen Adah (Kogi State)-Priority
2A. Hon Justice Ridman Maiwada Abdullahi (Nassarawa State) -Reserve
- Hon Justice Baba Idris (Niger State)-Priority
3A. Hon Justice Joseph Ikyegh (Benue State)-Reserve
- Hon Justice Nwaoma Uwa (Abia State)-Priority
1A.Hon Justice Onyekachi Otisi (Abia State) -Reserve
- Hon Justice Obande Ogbuinya (Ebonyi State)-Priority
2A. Hon Justice Theresa Orji-Abadua (Imo State)- Reserve
- Hon Justice Anthony Ogakwu (Enugu State)-Priority
3A. Hon Justice Chioma Nwosu-lheme (Imo State)-Reserve