The Federal Government launched the Startup Support and Engagement Portal on Tuesday, All Nigeria Latest News reports.
This portal is a crucial requirement for the implementation of the Nigeria Startup Act.
Bosun Tijani, Minister of Communications Innovation and Digital Economy, announced the launch on his X formerly Twitter account.
The Minister wrote, “The startup portal will drive the identification and aggregation of Nigerian startups, venture capital companies, hubs and innovation centres in order to facilitate engagement and support for ecosystem players.”
“The launch of the portal will allow us initiate the process of setting up the startup consultative forums to select representatives to the National Council for Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship, in order to facilitate discourse and consensus among Nigerian ecosystem players.”
Tijani, however, invited all Nigerian startups, venture capital companies, hubs and innovation centres to register.
The registration process for startups is below:
- Visit http://startup.gov.ng
- Scroll down the page to reveal the options for Startups, Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists or Accelerators, Innovation Hubs & Incubators.
- Select Startups
- Criteria to enroll:
- Be a limited liability company registered under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Be a company existing for less than 10 years from the date of incorporation.
- Have objects that are focused on innovation, development, production, improvement, and commercialization of a digital technology innovative product or process.
- Be a holder or repository of a product or process of digital technology or the owner or author of a registered software.
- Have at least one-third of local shareholding held by one or more Nigerians as founder or co-founder of the startup.
- Satisfy the conditions set out in the Act, in the case of a sole proprietorship or partnership.
- Be a tech-enabled business that uses existing tools, platforms, libraries, and frameworks to make a company or a solution more efficient or effective.
- Enter the following details:
- RC Number (Unique CAC identification number)
- Company Name
- Year of Incorporation
- Industry (type)
- Start Up description
- Company Email
- Company Address
- Company website
- Founder’s Full Name
- First Name + Last Name
- Founder’s Email Address
- Founder’s Phone Number
- Founder’s means of Identification (BVN or NIN)
5. Then Submit