Two individuals sustained injuries in an early morning fire incident that took place on Monday at the residence of the late former Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala in Ogbomosho, Oyo State.

Mr. Ismail Adeleke, the Director of Operations for Oyo State Fire Service, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ibadan on Monday.

The Director said the service got a distress call about 8.30 am from one Tolu Ikusagba, Managing Director of Parrot101.1FM, Ogbomoso.

Adeleke said that the cause of the fire incident could not be immediately ascertained, but that the fire had been put out to prevent further spread.

He said from the two persons that sustained the injury, one was severe, adding that further update would be provided about the incident.

However, an eyewitness who spoke on condition of anonymity told NAN that the fire incident was caused by gas explosion.

The eyewitness said that the incident led to the death of one person which was yet to be confirmed by the appropriate authority.

The eyewitness also said that the two people that sustained injury had been taken to hospital for treatment.

Source: NAN

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *